Family history is a passion of mine, and I hope I can inspire you to dip your toes a little into the journey also.
Discovering the story of my family has added significant value to how we live as a family. It also forms part of what we are weaving into our children’s education. Your ancestral story can add colour and perspective in many of their subjects: writing, history, geography, bible and character, fine arts, research skills and critical thinking.
I hope to pass on some of the things I’ve learned to you.
- Researching Family History – How knowing your family history changes the way you see history and the world.
- Family History and Homemaking– What does family history research have to do with homemaking?
- How to Start Researching Your Family Tree – Where and how to start researching your tree.
- Family History Sources and Records – What records are available, links to online databases, signposting websites, and connecting with other family researchers.
- Family History Projects for Children – Projects to do that are suitable for younger children.
- Family History Treasure Hunt – Scavenger hunt ideas for your child to do with an older relative.