Sonlight uses a colour-coding system to organise the years’ books. The sticker colour sheet comes included with the individual Instructor Guide (IG) pertaining to that year. If you aren’t purchasing the IG and still want to organise your books accordingly, you might find this list useful.
Sonlight sells sticker sheets separately (warning: they are permanent once placed on the spines of your books!) or you could purchase sticker dots yourself. I’ve been slightly more frugal and just used sticky tape and coloured paper strips, which aren’t as long lasting but they do the job adequately.
You might also want to consider colouring coding other titles that you add to your years learning. We have added some New Zealand titles and additional books from Winter Promise.
- P3/4- Fiction, Fairy Tales, and Fun for Little learners – purple
- P4/5 – Exploring God’s World – fluorescent orange
- A – Intro to the World: Cultures – fluorescent pink
- B – Intro to World History, Year 1 of 2 – red
- C – Intro to World History, Year 2 of 2- orange
- B+C – Intro to World History condensed – fluorescent yellow
- D Intro to American History, Year 1 of 2 – yellow
- E – Intro to American History Year 2 of 2 – dark green
- D+E – Intro to American History condensed – fluorescent lime
- F – Eastern Hemisphere – blue
- G – World History, Year 1 of 2 – light fluorescent orange
- H – World History, Year 2 of 2 – yellow-orange
- W – One Year World History – pastel green
- 100 – American History in Depth – pale yellow
- 200 – History of God’s Kingdom – cream
- 300 – 20th Century World History – pale blue
- 400 – Civics/American Government – white
- 530 – Survey of British Literature – brown