I was very blessed to receive two nominations today for the ‘Beautiful Mama Blog Award’. Thank you to both Ellie at New Creations Ministries and to Amanda of The Coers Family Blog.
The best thing about this is that I get to share with you all some of the neat women that have been a blessing to me and also to many others. I hope you’ll take a moment to stop by and visit their blogs.
- New Creation Ministries – Ellie has already been a wonderful encouragement to me. She has a blog that records her journey in discovering biblical-based wellness, and shares with honesty and thoughtfulness.
- The Coers Family Blog – Amanda is blogging about all things homemaking, including food, faith, homeschooling, parenting, and life with six children. My favourite part of her blog is her thankfulness posts.
I have to share 3 things that I love about motherhood.
1) I love discovering who my children are. In the early years of motherhood, we found ourselves saying all the time ‘which one of us does she get that from?’ as though each trait was somehow found in one of us. But now it’s rarely heard, as we have three very unique children, sometimes similar to us in various ways, but mostly they are completely their own little personalities. I love the way they surprise me all the time with the things they say and do.
2) I love the hope that comes with raising another generation who will make a difference. This is something that I try and keep before me, as the daily tasks can seem overwhelming sometimes and I can lose sight of what we are really doing. I’m raising children to change the world simply by being in it and being themselves. I hope they will carry great capacity to love from the Father’s heart. Like Bill Johnson says, I pray that my ceiling will be their floor.
3) I love cherishing each of my children and having them feel like they are each so incredible special and valued. For us, this has meant intentional choices such as breastfeeding on demand, responding to their needs, not leaving our babies crying in their cots, prioritizing them and what matters to them, home educating them, listening to their cares and concerns, grace-based parenting, and pouring out my affection in as many ways as I can. I’m assuming at this time that they are all five of ‘The Five Love Languages’, so I don’t miss lavishing love on them in every way possible.
Here are my nominees for the Beautiful Mama Blog Award, a bunch of super ladies who have inspired and encouraged me in many ways already. Thanks special ladies.
- Chelle at Last in Line
- Nadene at Practical Pages
- Marie at My Mom Thoughts
- Terri at The Homeschooling Doctor
- Britney at For He is Our God
- Amy at ItaVita
- Sarah at Mommy Meditations
- Angie at Homegrown Connects
- Trish at Live and Learn Farm
- Gayle at Our Fathers Daughters
- Today’s Legacy
- Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience
Please do the following things if you’d like to pass this fun blessing onto others:
- Click the above award image, save it and use it in your post.
- List 3 things you love about motherhood.
- Nominate other deserving Mums; you may choose as many as you like. Be sure to make their day and let them know of the nomination.
Enjoy your children!